Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Wild Hunt Calls . . .





So.

I'm deep in Song of Susannah, the sixth book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Although I've read the series before, I'm seeing Mid World through different and older eyes. However, while Susannah/Mia are lost in New York, Jake and Father Callahan are in New York searching for her, and Roland (say thankya) and Eddie are in Maine, I figured I would take a small detour and meet up with them later. However, I did not realize that the detour would make such an impact on me.

The Wild Hunt by author Jane Yolen was the result of me looking through the Children's section of the Library Book Sale yesterday. I figured I would take a chance for 75 cents.

Devoured the book in 30 minutes.

The Wild Hunt is about two boys, Jerold and Gerund, who live in different houses in a forest of some sorts under a blanket of a harsh Winter. Jerold has no idea how or why he is in the house, only that he has all the books he wants and never goes hungry. His only companion is a talking white cat.

The Wild Hunt is about two boys, Jerold and Gerund, who live in different houses in a forest of some sorts under a blanket of a harsh Winter. Gerund is loud in his house and knows that the Wild Hunt is fast approaching. Gerund has no idea why he is called Gerund, only that he has no worries. His companions are a talking dog named Mully and a talking white cat.

The Wild Hunt is about an eternal battle between the Hunter of Dark and the Queen of Light and the "warriors" of their choosing in a forest of some sorts under a blanket of a harsh Winter.

The Wild Hunt is one of those children's books that is for children who have active imaginations and adults who believe in the Otherworld, as they visit a forest of some sorts under a blanket of a harsh Winter.

The Wild Hunt is about a place that is not of Human yet not of Faerie in which everything is real and anything can kill you. A river made of the blood of heroes flows in the basement of the house, and a talking dog eats "fruit" made of maggots - of nightmares and dashed hopes in a forest of some sorts under a blanket of a harsh Winter.

I've never read Yolen before until today - she's now on my list of I Must Read Everything The Author Has Written.

I deliberately wrote out my review in the style of the book, in case if you were wondering.

Just read the book, say thankya.

EX LIBRIS!







No comments: