Thursday, May 5, 2016

Chado Dreaming - Sencha





For quite some time, I have had a fascination with the East - the history of China and Japan, the samurai and their Bushido, the Forbidden City, the "belief" of Taoism, and so much more. A while ago, I began incorporating meditation into my daily routine and I'm glad I did. However, today I stumbled upon a form of meditation that I hope to do more of in the near future. I'm going to share it with you tonight.

I call it: chado dreaming.

Chado is literally The Way of Tea, a philosophy and way of life that makes tea much more than just leaves in a cup of hot water. The process of chado dreaming is thus: make a cup of tea then, when you are about to take a sip, deeply inhale the fragrance of the tea, close your eyes, and allow yourself to be "overpowered" by the tea. Today, I did this by accident with a cup of sencha green tea. When I slowly inhaled the fragrance of the sencha, I allowed myself to enjoy the tea with more than just my taste buds. I want to share with you my thoughts during the "dreaming":


I "find" myself in the middle of a verdant valley after a rainfall. 
The clean and fresh smell is quite intoxicating and it feels as though it is a new beginning. 
Wiping the slate clean. 
To forgive past wrongs. 
Calming wave. 
A gentle breeze comes through the valley. 
Although I am alone, I feel here and now. 



I think I'll be doing more of this with other blends. If you try out this form of "meditation", I'd love to hear what you "dreamt" of during that time.

Happy Cups!


No comments: