Monday, February 8, 2016

Reader, I married him . . . NEW TEA BLEND



I am a Bronte woman.

When I first read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, my world expanded into a realm filled with moors, long buried secrets rising from the grave, unrequited love, obsession, Gothic everything, and . . . madness. I always had a "thing" for Heathcliff, and Mr. Rochester's brooding ways sent my literary heart a-flutter. I know many of my friends love Jane Austen, but give me the Brontes any day!



So, it came as no surprise that, in trying to create a series of Literary tea blends, my first blend would be based on Jane Eyre. Actually, the blend is based on one of the characters that has always appealed to me - Bertha Mason, also known as the first Mrs. Rochester. Her nickname, as I'm sure you have heard before, is the Madwoman in the Attic.

So, may I present to you - Madwoman in the Attic Tea!



This blend of assam tea, passion flower root, dried lemon peel, and hibiscus will send you back to Spanish Town, Jamaica in a wave of calm and island tranquility . . . before the darkness sets in.

This blend, just like all my others, will be available at IONS: A Geek Gallery in Memphis, Tennessee; Tubby and Coo's Mid-City Book Shop in New Orleans, Louisiana, through me at various conventions or a simple PayPal payment, and my Etsy store ViridianTeaCompany!

On behalf of the ghosts at Thornfield Hall and myself, I truly hope you enjoy this blend.

Happy Cups!

1 comment:

rowan said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear of someone else who prefers the Brontes to Austin. I have felt like a failure at being female for not liking Austin and being annoyed with Mr. Darcy. Give me Mr. Rochester anyday!!!! :-)