Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Face of a Geek - Emily




Now that Wizard World Comic Con: New Orleans is behind me, I can now play the wonderful game of "Kimberly Gets to Catch Up!" My experience at Wizard World will be in another blog post, so stay tuned!

Without further ado, may I present to you the latest in The Face of a Geek Photo Shoot!


Emily - owner of The Broom Closet and one cool witchy woman




"I got into fandom kicking and screaming; no, it wasn't intentional. It was something I thought I would try out. I got sucked into all these different universes and worlds and didn't mean to and didn't know it until I was in over my head, but I love it."


"Harry Potter is probably my biggest fandom. I grew up teething on Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanine. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Vikings - lots of historical stories and characters."



"Opening The Broom Closet was something I always wanted to do and never thought I would be able to. In between finding better jobs and moving around, we figured we would take the leap and try it out and here we are a year later. I'd want the Broom Closet to be around many more years and to be very successful. I want it to grow to become like a community center."




"Everybody loves Harry Potter; obviously magick is involved. Other books I read for pleasure are fantasy and historical fantasy - always some sort of magick or something that involves different faiths. That has definitely shaped me into who I am.:"




Thank you, Emily!

1 comment:

Ernest said...

Looks like a very cool little shop. Like the series of these "The Face of a Geek"