Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 - The Year of TEA (NEW BLENDS!)


Good morning to all and Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm fully aware that over half the planet is probably still asleep (grin).

However, I'm pleased as punch this fine and cold morning. Why? Well, NYE was not only a time to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens a second time, but two new tea blends were born right here at VTC Central!

Ready to begin 2016 with a cup of tea? Let's go!


Excursion Tea - 2016 New Blend #1

I will gladly admit that I suffer from wanderlust. From trekking through the desert in New Mexico, to driving through the White Mountains in New Hampshire, I will go wherever the winds carry me. Traveling has always been a rich and rewarding experience, so I decided to create a tea blend that would celebrate the art of travel. And so, Excursion Tea was born!


Excursion Tea is a lovely blend of green tea, papaya, coconut, and jasmine flowers; one cup of this will surely make you want to pack a bag and travel to a galaxy far, far away. (okay, bad Star Wars plug, but hey, I'm a geek!) The shoes you see in the above photo were a great help during my excursion in New Mexico.


For the record, Seven Years in Tibet is one of my top five books of all time. Check out my review of the book in an earlier blog post.


Indigo Kimono Tea - 2016 New Blend #2

This blend came about through a short story that I wrote several years ago titled Henge (shapeshifter in Japanese). The story is thus: a woman named Jaela is the keeper of a tea house in the Otherworld. During one rainy night, she receives a most unexpected guest and her life is forever changed. The story is in the anthology Luna's Children: Stranger Worlds, published by Dark Oak Press. In the story, Jaela wears an indigo coloured kimono and therefore was the inspiration for this new tea blend! I loved writing that story so much that I even had a blue kimono robe specially made!



This blend of assam tea, dried blueberries, lemongrass, and hibiscus is the perfect blend to enjoy with a good book, anime series, or with loved ones, even if they are a werewolf in a Japanese fantasy world . . . .

Both teas will be available at my Etsy store, ViridianTeaCompany, IONS: A Geek Gallery, and through me via conventions.

Once again, Happy New Year to all! Let's make 2016 the Year of Tea!


Happy Cups!

No comments: