Monday, September 21, 2015

Vampiric Night Moves

Jury duty.  Gotta love it.

Of course, one good thing about it is that you may have time to read a book. Thanks to my good friend, author and all around cool guy John Hartness, I had the pleasure of diving into Knight Moves, the third book in the Black Knight Chronicles, and finishing it as well. Let me just say that it was grand to see the boys Jimmy and Greg again!



If fighting in Faerieland wasn't enough for our two lovable (and geeky!) vampires, now they have to deal with a new threat - more vampires! Someone has been creating vampires in Charlotte and the boys aren't too happy about that, especially when their forces are increased by a cute girl turned vampire named Abby. Who has been creating these new vampires and why? Also, a blast from Jimmy's past makes a grand re-entrance and suddenly, everything is no longer what it appears to be, even under the cover of night.

Hartness, as I have said many times before, is a master of the written word. His writing makes you flip the pages, all the while laughing your ass off because his characters are REAL with everyday problems blended with a spark of the supernatural. I do forget that Greg and Jimmy are vampires because they remind me of friends in my life! Hartness' characters remind us of friends that we either do constant face palms, have invited over for a game of Magic:The Gathering, or enjoy a cold six pack with records playing in the background. Although I would love to sit down this evening and read the fourth book, Paint it Black, I need to spend time on my own writing, yet it was good to have Jimmy and Greg with me as I experienced jury duty. Hartness, you are amazing!

Oh yeah: seeing as how the third book is titled Knight Moves, I figured I would add the video for the song Night Moves by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. It's a damn good song and why not?



EX LIBRIS! 

No comments: