Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Of Black and White . . .


Southaven, Mississippi, copyright 2015

I recently asked some good friends of mine, as well as the One Who Makes Me Smile, if they preferred black and white photography to colour or vice versa. All three replied that it depended upon the subject matter, and I had to agree with them. I enjoy capturing slices of life on my cameras and showing the world the beauty that surrounds them. A girl eating ice cream. A single dead leaf on the ground. A statue of a praying angel in a cemetery.

I do enjoy black and white photography when I want to make something stand out or present a stark irony in what I see. Sometimes, however, I take a photo in black in white just to see the world without any "additives". And still sometimes, I take black and white photos just because.

So, I figured I would post several of my favourite black and whites that range in subject. If there is one or several that you like, comment on the post! Also, and yes this is shameless promotion, if you see a photo that you'd like to purchase from me, send me an email at artgirl74@gmail.com and let's converse.

All right, here we go!




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2015




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2014




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2014




Memphis, Tennessee , copyright 2015





Santa Fe, New Mexico, copyright 2015






Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2014




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2014





New Orleans, Louisiana, copyright 2014




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2015




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2014




Memphis, Tennessee, copyright 2015

No comments: