Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Mad Ones Photo Project - Second Act of Cameras

8:49 pm.

I'm sitting in my living room while listening to Bryan Ferry croon on my turntable. My mind is still occupied with thoughts of the Land of Enchantment as well as the upcoming three day weekend. I'm also thinking about The Mad Ones; ya know, those crazy hip folks who lived out their lives to the fullest no matter what. In my first installment of The Mad Ones, I focused on a blend of cool jazz vinyl, vintage matchbooks and my steadily growing collection of old cameras. Tonight, I figured I would focus more on the cameras and the spark they still carry in those who can appreciate such simple beauty.

On a side note, thanks to an awesome photography exhibit at the New Mexico Museum of Art located in Santa Fe, I discovered a technique called cyanotype, a technique also used to make blueprints, that is becoming quite the rage again. Of course you do realize that I will be trying it out very soon.  In fact, here is a sample of cyanotype:




So, without further ado, may I present to you the second act of The Mad Ones.

Oh yes, all of the black and white photos below are also for sale in 8 1/2 x 11 and 11 x 17. Just thought I would throw that out there. If you are interested in purchasing a print, please send a message to artgirl74@gmail.com and let's converse.

I truly do have a weakness for cameras. (grin)





























No comments: