Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book Review - The Adventures of Lazarus Gray Volume Two: Die Glocke

Criminals of the world beware . . .  

For those in need are about to receive . . Assistance Unlimited!




With these words, I returned to Sovereign City and its hero, Lazarus Gray, as he and his friends embark an another adventure! This time, they seek out the mysterious device known as Die Glocke and attempt to take it from the disfigured and power hungry enemy Walther Lunt and the Nazis to destroy it. Yet, what is Die Glocke and can it be stopped by Gray and his friends? Add the Circus from Hell (literally), a monster from another world and souls protected in stones and you've got a story that will make you stay up late at night reading.

Author Barry Reese has done it again with the second installment of the Lazarus Gray series through ProSe Productions; I carried the book with me to New Orleans this past weekend and found myself flipping through the pages and repeatedly asking the question, "What could possibly happen NEXT?" Yet, as much as I enjoyed the book and the familiar characters, I felt as though there was something missing. True, the action and never-ending intrigue were still there as in the first book, yet this time the characters felt a little stiff and the plot felt somewhat loose. When I reached the end of the book, I expected more of a powerful and cliffhanger ending than the one Reese wrote, yet it still left me with more questions than answers, of which was a good thing!  However, as I stated before, I enjoyed the book very much and I do look forward to reading the next one, of which is on my shelf.

Thank you, Barry and ProSe Productions!


No comments: