Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Hands of Art Project - Allan Gilbreath

Now that my first photo shoot is complete (details in another blog post!), I return to The Hands of Art Project with a "subject" that is not only one of the most eclectic people I have ever known, but also a good friend and my main publisher.

When I first met Allan Gilbreath at Midsouth Con in Memphis, Tennessee, I was beyond nervous; here was a man who was not only the head of Kerlak Publishing in Memphis, but also the author of the vampire novel Galen, a book I had heard much about, as well as a celebrity. I remembered reading Galen in three hours then politely purchasing the sequel, Dark Chances, and devouring that book as well. When I informed him that I was a writer, he merely smiled then said, "Duh." Several months later, I had my first book published with Kerlak - Tales From a Goth Librarian. Since then, Allan Gilbreath has changed the face of Kerlak, now Dark Oak Press and Media, hosted multiple television shows, increased in fame as the Skeptic in the show Skeptic vs. Believer with Kalila Smith, and recently participated in The Living Tarot Project photo shoot as The Devil. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Allan is clearly a Renaissance Man who refuses to sit still and watch the world go by. It seemed fitting that he would be my next "subject" in this project.

May I present to you - The Hands of Art: Allan Gilbreath.


Allan Gilbreath is the author of the books Galen, Dark Chances, Allan Gilbreath: A Short Story Collection and other short stories. His writing is phenomenal and I suggest picking up his books if you've not already done so. Allan is also the brains behind Dark Oak Press and Media, a publishing company that I am proud to be a part of.




Allan is a master when it comes to building and tearing things down. 




In knowing him all these years, I have been fortunate to eat blueberries, muscadines, asparagus, tomatoes and other delights from his garden. Allan very much has a green thumb.




I have been told stories about Allan's days of being a martial artist and fighter and have actually seen him in action. The man's hands move way too fast for the human eye to see. 




 Once again, Allan has not only a green thumb but green hands, arms, you name it.






Allan is a master of a multitude of weapons . . . 




 . . . .that he handles with such ease.






Allan's main books - all available through Dark Oak Press. Yes, that was a shameless plug.  








Thank you, Allan, for your Hands of Art!

No comments: