Sunday, November 24, 2013

Woody Allen and Manhattan - Life Worth Living

I just finished watching the film Manhattan starring Woody Allen and Dianne Keaton; this is one of my favourite films of all time. The black and white, the music, the humour as only Woody Allen can deliver. There is a scene close to the end in which Isaac (Allen) is recording the things that make life worth living. He includes Marlon Brando, the second movement of the Jupiter Symphony by Mozart, the apples and pears painted by Cezanne, and other things.



Watching that scene got my brain thinking - what are the things that make my life worth living? Life, as we all know, is a perfect display of the good, the bad and definitely ugly, yet there are moments when it is not so bad and we as humans can actually smile.

So, here is my list of what makes my life worth living:

The film Yellow Submarine

Marcel Proust


Kate Bush

Watching the leaves turn colour in Autumn

Playing with a kitten

Sharing a good laugh with people I care about

Listening to French music

Reading a good book

Making a new friend

Blue Train by John Coltrane

Autumn from Antonio Vivaldi's The Four Seasons

Seeing my first book get published

Walking through the French Quarter

Standing on the banks of the Mississippi River in Memphis

A good cup of green tea on a cold day

Telling someone that I love them


I would go on and on but I think you get the point. So, what makes your life worth living?




No comments: