Monday, October 14, 2013

Thank You, Frank Herbert

I will freely admit that I have tried to read the book Dune by Frank Herbert several times and I could not get through it. Perhaps I was in the wrong frame of mind, or perhaps I did not make the time to savour such a book.

However, I will state that a quote from the book has changed my mind and I will read the book once I have finished my latest read (Monsieur by Lawrence Durrell). I have heard many people use this quote and even I have used a part of it from time to time, yet now I have read the entire quote and NOW I truly get it.



“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

 


 

Thank you, Frank Herbert.

 

No comments: