Sunday, October 27, 2013

Highlights from the 2013 River Arts Fest

So, just as much as I am a book junkie, I am also an art junkie!

Thankfully, Memphis has several really great art festivals to whet my appetite and River Arts Fest is one that brightens my October every year! For one weekend, artists from all over the country and possibly the world bring their creative talents to Memphis to sell their wares and make new friends and followers. 2013 makes my third visit to this grand festival and this one did not disappoint. Not only did I see some wonderful pieces but I also ran into several artists that I had met the year before or from other art festivals (Heather Haymart, Joan Schulte, Terri Myer), saw Ned Canty, head of Opera Memphis and acted like an opera fan girl, met a very cool photographer named Bradley Bauer who dabbles in Steampunk photos, met the owner of Book Juggler, a new bookstore in South Main and just enjoyed Downtown Memphis!

Here are some photo highlights from the 2013 River Arts Fest:





Only at the River Arts Fest will you be able to see Godzilla standing next to Ned Canty from Opera Memphis . . . in Memphis!



Having the trolleys run through the festival just adds the Memphis touch to it all! And yes, I almost got run over by this trolley!



The Arcade, a Memphis landmark!



Booths filled with art as far as the eye could see!



So, if you find yourself in Memphis during the month of October, do yourself a favour and take the time to enjoy this weekend of fun!



ART JUNKIE FOREVER!








No comments: