Thursday, September 5, 2013

5 September 2013 Violin Class

So, I have just returned from my second violin class with my new teacher, Diane . . . .

The Good: After repeated attempts to play parts of Twinkle Twinkle, my arm is actually straight when I play, rather than the all over bow playing I did before. My arm now hurts in a good way - using muscles for music! I am also getting used to holding the bow again; since I have such long fingers, they tend to drape over the bow. But, after looking at Diane's fingers over and over, I think I've got the hang of it.

The Bad: Playing in front of a mirror for me makes me very self conscious; every time I hit a bad note, my mirror image gave me a look that said, "Really? REALLY?" I never knew Twinkle Twinkle could sound so sad . . . .

The Cute: I got to meet Diane's dog, who almost pulled down my pants as she jumped on my legs and ran through them. Very, very cute puppy!

That's all for now. Tune in next week for my next class!






No comments: