Thursday, July 4, 2013

e.e. cummings and Woody Allen




I just purchased one of my favourite Woody Allen films - Hannah and Her Sisters. This delightful film stars Max Von Sydow, Barbara Hershey, Dianne Wiest, and many others. Even though I have seen this film a number of times, it still moves me greatly and I always find something new with every viewing. One such new thing was during the scene in which Michael Caine just happens to run into Barbara Hershey and soon the two go to Pageant Books and Print Shop. It is there that Caine purchases a book of e. e. cummings poetry for Hershey and he tells her to read the poem on page 112 - that poem reminded him of her. So, being the poem lover that I am, I had to look it up and read it for my self. 

Below is the poem as read by e. e. cummings - 

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond.

















No comments: