Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The REALLY UN-Official Soundtrack - The Decembrists

Whenever I write, I like to put on music so as to create a form of background to the story. Sometimes, depending on the music, my scenes will flow and morph into something far more stranger than I had initially hoped. Sometimes, there will be a song that will automatically remind me of the story even though I never played it while writing.
My novel, The Decembrists, was both a joy and a pain to write and now that I am currently working on the sequel (tentative title - The Violet Queen), certain tunes will "remind" me of my own demented work. So, for your enjoyment, here is my own unofficial soundtrack to The Decembrists. If you have already read the novel, perhaps these songs will bring up a particular scene or conversation from the novel, or just a feeling. If you have not read the novel yet, give these songs a listen while reading it and let me know if the music enhanced your reading pleasure at all.


Happy Listening!


UNOFFICIAL Soundtrack to The Decembrists (in no order):

Tinstar - Head

Squeeze - House of Love

Aimee Mann - Pavlov's Bell

Herbie Hancock - Oliloqui Valley

The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You

Lacuna Coil - Upside Down

Jen Trynin - February

Antonio Vivaldi - AUTUMN

Lacuna Coil - I Like It 

Diva Destruction - Valley of Scars

Emilie Autumn - Liar (Angelspit Remix)


NOTE - I took these links from YOUTUBE. I make no claim to own any of these songs.

ADDED NOTE -  Yes, I do listen to a wide variety of music . . . . . .




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nо mattеr if some one seaгcheѕ for his
vital thing, thеrefore he/she needs to be available that іn ԁetaіl,
so that thing is maintained over heгe.

Alsο visit my homеpage :: winglinmm10.pixnet.net

Anonymous said...

Oh my gοodness! Aωеsomе article dudе!
Thanκѕ, Ηowever I am havіng pгoblems with your RSS.
I don't understand why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting identical RSS problems? Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Here is my webpage: piratitarecords.blogspot.Ca

Anonymous said...

Hі thеre to eνerу boԁy, іt's my first pay a visit of this webpage; this webpage carries awesome and in fact fine material designed for visitors.

Look into my blog post abrir cuenta facebook

Anonymous said...

Gгеetings! Vеrу helρful advice in this ρartісular post!
It іs the little сhаnges that makе the biggest сhanges.

Thanks fοr shаrіng!

Vіѕit mу ωebpagе .

.. facebook cuenta gratis

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes reviews, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette reviews, electronic cigarettes