Friday, March 29, 2013

The Book Hunter!

Sniff. Sniff.

I love the smell of books in the morning. . . .


Yes, The Book Hunter has struck! While enjoying my day off from work, I decided to explore several estate sales and take my chances in trying to locate books for my eBay/Amazon stores. What I found was quite interesting!



Estate Sale #1 -  The first sale hit literary pay dirt! Not only did I purchase copies of CDs by Echo and the Bunnymen, Otis Redding, Eagle-Eye Cherry and Kate Bush ( all for my collection, of course!), but I also located the following:



The Sea Wall by Marguerite Dumas
A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut
View With a Grain of Sand by Wislawa Szymborska
Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre
The Collected Stories of Eudora Welty
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch
The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
Of Weeds and Views by Frances Utterback Crain
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
50th Anniversary Edition of Animal Farm by George Orwell with illustrations by Ralph Steadman




Estate Sale # 2 - Nothing worth reporting, yet I would not be hindered. The Book Hunter still had another estate sale to visit!



Estate Sale # 3 - Found some lovely books; not as great as sale #1 yet still quite nice:





I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
RODIN by Bernard Champigneulle
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates



Feeling quite full from her excursions, The Book Hunter began making her way back home . . . until she realized that she would be driving by a GOODWILL bookstore. Hmmm.....


Of course, The Book Hunter had to stop! Here's what was "acquired":




Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (movie tie in version)
Island by Aldous Huxley
A Handful of Dust by Evelyn Waugh






The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
A Happy Death by Albert Camus
The Plague by Albert Camus
Americans In Paris: Life and Death Under Nazi Occupation by Charles Glass
Stoner by John Williams



All of these books will soon be for sale in my used bookstore Viridianbooks - eBay and Amazon!


And now, The Book Hunter must rest (and put away all of these &*#&^! books) to gain strength for her next outing . . . .


HAPPY BOOK HUNTING!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of you hunger to know more about the glitzy life
styles of glamorous celebrities and sensual models.
Stay connected with for the latest tit-bits of pick me up news and cool
celebrity pictures. The singer will not be charged for her public intoxication, but
her boyfriend was charged a $30,000 bail fee to release
himself after he was tested positive for driving under the influence.



Here is my blog post - latest celeb news