Monday, February 4, 2013

A Great Birthday . . . Now What?

Although I still have balloons drifting from my ceiling in my living room and my refrigerator has part of an Italian Wedding Cake inside, my birthday weekend is over. I spent my time with loved ones and friends and ate way too much cake, pizza, and BBQ. My boyfriend and one of his children came down for the weekend and I drove them all over the city with a grand finale at the Memphis Zoo Sunday afternoon then sent them on their way while I watched one of my birthday presents: the DVD Valley of the Dolls. So yes, it was a great weekend and I am one year older . . . now what?

Well, to be quite honest, I have learned quite a bit over the weekend, things that I already knew yet received a refresher course. I re-learned that the world is a BIG place and that it still has many wonders for us to behold. That idea came into my head while we walked around the zoo. So many animals from all around the world and oceans and yet they represent only a tiny fragment of this place we call Earth. So many people these days have forgotten what it means to simply smile, laugh, dream or even explore. After seeing these animals for the millionth time in my life, the idea of the world made me feel quite good and charged up my curious side.

I re-learned that people choose to feel or act in a certain way. No one "makes" you do anything; the responsibility is your own. Once again, there are too many people out there who act in a certain way towards others and yet they blame it on the other person and escape all responsibility. How can we live when we can't be responsible?

I re-learned that all things are good in moderation. Yes, this was my birthday weekend and yes, I did eat quite a lot of fatty foods. Yet, today is a new day, a day in which I go back to my moderately eating ways that I truly do love and enjoy my fruits and vegetables.


So there you have it. Sometimes, it's just good to hear or experience words of wisdom every so often in our lives; it makes us stronger and more open to whatever comes out way, be it good or bad. I am now 39 years old and I feel more alive than ever. I had a great birthday; now what? Now, I continue living my full and enriched life as ME.


Thank you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetіngs from Ohio! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a
lοok whеn I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not eνen usіng WIFI, just 3G .
. Anуωаys, wоnderful sіte!


my website: minimal running shoes

Anonymous said...

Hmm it lοoks lіke your site аte my fiгѕt
comment (it wаs еxtremely long) so ӏ guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thorοughly еnjοying your blog.
Ι аs well am an aspiгing blοg wгiter but Ι'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints for inexperienced blog writers? I'ԁ
definitely арpгеciate it.

Looκ іnto my blog post Electronic Cigarettes To Buy
Also see my webpage > Purchase Electronic Cigarettes

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of
the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its
a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

My web blog :: coupons for diapers

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll
check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


My page cummins engine for sale

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up
losing a few months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any solutions to
protect against hackers?

Take a look at my web site: http://www.garnierspotcorrector.com/

Anonymous said...

At this time it looks like BlogEngine is the preferred blogging platform out there right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

my web blog; http://www.theworldofcatering.com/catering-ideas-on-a-budget/

Anonymous said...

Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new
to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!


Here is my blog post; verawangshoes.org

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing
problems with your website. It seems like some of the text on your posts are
running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me
know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a issue
with my browser because I've had this happen previously. Many thanks

My homepage - 7th grade math worksheets printable

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I
came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be
tweeting this to my followers! Exceptional blog and brilliant design
and style.

Here is my blog post :: Mega Tea Green Tea

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did
you download it from somewhere? A design like yours
with a few simple adjustements would really
make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design.
Appreciate it

My website ... Methadone Clinics