From Merriam Webster: appreciative of, responsive to, or zealous about the beautiful; also : responsive to or appreciative of what is pleasurable to the senses....from a nocturnal point of view, of course.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
All About The Goth Librarian
Just for fun, I thought I'd make a list of random bits of things you may or may not have known about Kimberly B. Richardson, also known as the Goth Librarian. Ready? Let's go!
- born in Columbus, GA yet proudly calls Memphis, TN her home
- has a weakness for kittens, puppies and baby sloths
- discovered that she has Irish blood
- first apartment was truly haunted
- has a morbid fear of "escargot"
- Halloween is her favourite holiday
- the B. does not stand for anything; her mother thought that her name was long enough
- once stepped inside of a true fairy ring and hasn't been the same since
- is a junior mycologist (studies mushrooms)
- is a junior lepidopterist (studies butterflies and moths)
- wanted to be either a paleontologist or an archaeologist when she was little
- is an only child
- her car is named Malachai
- a piece of her soul does live in New Orleans and she gets to visit it from time to time
- actually laughed all the way through the movie House of 1000 Corpses
- sniffs books before purchasing them
- once saw a coyote standing in her parking lot of her first apartment
- is badly addicted to cherries, so much so that she will make herself sick while eating them
- all of her female characters in her stories and books are based off her personalities
- her favourite flower is the orchid
- loves Spring and Autumn
- fell in love with her male character in her upcoming novel, The Decembrists
- once told a werewolf that she had a crush on him
- thinks author Ian McEwan is the God of Literature
- was initiated into the Goth scene by way of the movie Fright Night
- met Dacre Stoker, living relative of Bram Stoker
- loves to watch clouds drift by in the sky.
And finally, she is me.