Friday, July 6, 2012

Book Review - Price of Admission by Sylvia Shults

I had the pleasure of meeting Sylvia Shults at Fandom Fest in Louisville, KY this past weekend. Actually, after meeting her publisher, David M.Youngquist, I knew I had to pick up a copy of her book at their table. I read Price of Admission during the course of one day and the only problem I had with it was that I read it too quickly. Price of Admission tells the story of Jessica Taylor, a young woman spinning her wheels in Life, who suddenly travels back in time thanks to a haunted house and meets, literally, the man of her dreams. Max is handsome, intelligent, a grand musician...and an immortal. I will not spoil the results of said mixture, yet I will say that thanks to Mrs. Shults' writing, the novel was a joy and a delight to read. I especially loved how she explained the immortality held by Max; the origins were very unique and well handled without it being completely unbelievable. When I feel as though I am with the characters in their current predicament, no matter how exciting or boring, I know that I am reading a well written book. Price of Admission is just that: a well written and enjoyable book that leaves me wanting more. Thankfully, after telling Sylvia how much I loved her book, she informed me that there will be a sequel, of which I look forward to. If you would like to know more about this awesome novel, please click on the link: Dark Continents Press

No comments: