Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello Spring!


Simply put, we did not have a Winter in the Memphis area. We did, however, have the occasional low temperatures, freezing rain and one day of snow flurries, but no day of absolute Winter. Instead we had a warm up to prepare us for Spring. In fact, I think it's safe to say that Spring has already sprung. As much as I love both Spring and Fall, Spring will always be my favourite season. The air smells like fresh water and everyone is out and about, meeting up with friends and spreading their good cheer. I jokingly call Spring the season for Midtowners; once the temperatures heat up, we come out of the woodwork, looking for places hang out or visit. Downtown is no exception either; locals and tourists scour the area searching for good food and a good place to soak up the blues (music). When Spring arrives, I can't wait to get outside with a good book and a cup of tea, or put on my walking shoes and walk until I find something, anything of interest. Even though today's temperatures will be in the 50s, people's mentality has already switched to Spring. Let's face it: Spring is HERE!
So now, I ask you: what do you like to do during Spring? What are your favourite activities during this "cool" time of the year?

No comments: