Sunday, January 29, 2012
Earl Grey In the Evening - Relaxation
In today's hectic world, our lives are constantly wrapped up in our day to day activities. We get up in the morning, get dressed, go to work for 7-8 hours, return home, cook dinner for loved ones or for ourselves then go to bed to start over the next day. Our lives are so caught up in activities that it is easy to forget to relax. Relaxation, in my own opinion, is necessary for any of us who have busy lives. It gives our minds and souls a much needed break, no matter the length. The great thing about relaxation is that it can take many forms. One of the ways I relax is by enjoying a cup of tea while reading a book in complete silence. If you are looking for ways to relax or wanting to try out new ideas for relaxation, here are some suggestions:
- take a walk through your neighbourhood or local park
- a visit to a local art museum or gallery
- engaging in the lost art of letter writing to friends and loved ones
- taking a long hot bath
- doing a load of laundry (although it may sound weird, I have had many a relaxing time while doing this act!)
- trying out a new restaurant for lunch or dinner
- going for a swim at a pool, lake or ocean!
- Spring/Autumn Cleaning your abode
That's just a small sample of ways to relax, yet everyone is different in their ways to relax. What are your ideas?
. . . and this is your Earl Grey in the Evening!