Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tea Taste - Mariage Freres French Breakfast Tea


This tea intrigued me from the moment I first saw it on the Dean and Deluca website. French Breakfast tea? Of course, I had to purchase a box. Little did I realize what I was in for; the tea bags were actually cotton muslin sachets – nice touch. I also detected a hint of chocolate as I opened the box to prepare my first cup. This was going to be quite the experience and I was not wrong.

First Sip: There was a fragrant taste of chocolate while the tastes of malt and spices rolled towards the end of the sip. Adding sugar truly enhances the flavour of the tea and not make it just a sweet tea, although you can drink it without any sweetener. After allowing the bag to steep in water for several minutes, the colour of the tea is a lovely deep brown that rolls quite well on the tongue. This blend is not heavy like a British or Irish Breakfast, making it easy on the stomach if you are affected by tannins. This is a good tea to enjoy all day no matter the season.

Rating: A+

Happy Cups!

No comments: