Saturday, June 25, 2011

Memphis Highlights - Vito's Cucina


One of my reasons for my frequent travels to New Orleans, my second home, is for the food. Po Boys, crawfish etouffee, jambalaya and beignets is more than enough for me. I love the smell of freshly made beignets coming straight from the fryer, dusted with powdered sugar and served on a plate with cafĂ© au lait while I have many napkins to catch the sugar from flying all over the place as I bite into the doughy goodness. I used to think that I could only purchase beignets in Louisiana but no more. Vito’s Cucina located on 2886 Walnut Grove in Memphis serves beignets as I found out through an office associate. Thinking myself to be the beignet expert, I had to try them for my own sake. One order of three beignets costs about $2.95 plus tax and once you order them, they are made right on the spot! I took my fried goodies home to be enjoyed in private and found them to be quite tasty and a very good replacement for the New Orleans ones. Their menu also offers other Italian delicacies for decent prices that I know I will be trying very soon. I am won over by their beignets and will make them a part of my Saturday routine. Thanks to you, Vito’s, for making my beignet dream come true!

No comments: