Thursday, May 5, 2011

Book Review - The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling


Okay, I will admit it: I love Harry Potter.

I own all seven books in hardback and went to the midnight release parties for books 5,6 and 7. I actually stayed up until 2 in the morning reading the final book, went to bed for five hours, then woke up and finished it in five hours. That being said, I finally broke down and read The Tales of Beedle the Bard, the fairy tale book mentioned in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. In the book are several stories of witches and wizards engaged in the trials and tribulations of magical life. Although a quick read, it was still a welcomed return to a world that I loved for years. One story that I truly enjoyed was The Warlock’s Hairy Heart, a tale of what happens when one’s heart is never used and the dastardly consequences that come with such an act. This was a book that JK Rowling had to write, for it not only had famous stories passed down from generation to generation of magical families, but it also had Dumbledore’s thoughts after each story, shedding more light behind the original novels. A great read for all ages, Muggle or Magical!

No comments: