Monday, February 21, 2011

Con Nooga 2011

As my publisher, vampire author Allan Gilbreath , drove us home late Sunday night from Con Nooga, my mind reflected to a weekend filled to the brim with meeting up with old friends, making new friends and living up to the reputation of being an enthusiastic literary guest that many later called "twisted". Con Nooga is a multimedia fandom convention that covers everything from TV and movies to gaming, books, anime and everything else under the sun that defies the laws of being "normal". This was also the year of having a full literary track and giving speculative fiction authors a chance to shine their best and sell their tomes to fans both old and new.

Within the mad flurry of showing up for panels and selling copies of my book, Tales From a Goth Librarian, I had the pleasure of meeting Andy Deane, the frontman for the dark alternative band Bella Morte. I have been a fan of their music for years, so meeting Andy was beyond all sense of the word "cool". I also purchased a copy of his book, The Sticks, and I must say that if you like a good werewolf book, you need to purchase a copy of it. Now.
My time at Con Nooga was also spent watching the premiere of the movie Swordbearer, directed by my friend and fellow author Stephen Zimmer. This short film was taken directly from the book Ascendant by H. David Blalock and I am proud to say that, as being a part of the mob in the film, the film exceeded all expectations. A good job to all who were a part of such a phenomenal event.
So, in closing this blurb, a BIG thanks to all who made Con Nooga such a success and I am looking forward to it again 2012! Now, off to AnachroCon!

No comments: