Monday, December 6, 2010

Twas the Night Before CATACLYSM - As Told By A WoW Fan

Twas the night before CATACLYSM
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a Plaguelands louse!

Alliance and Horde stockings
Hung by the fire with care
In hopes that St. Blizzard
Would soon be there.

When all of a sudden
There rose such a clatter
I dropped my dwarven ale
To see what was the matter!

It was dark outside in Stormwind
For everyone had gone to bed
Or out celebrating a latest raid
With severed Orc heads.

I then heard loud noises
From the sky coloured in night
I raced out of my warm home
To see what caused the fright!

Golden griffons flew over my head
While their masters rode with pride
Soon, there appeared a large black shape
That glowed red from the inside!

A large black dragon with glowing eyes
Flew around everything
My heart leaped to my throat:
The dreaded Deathwing!

For years, stories ran through the lands
Tales great and small
Of how this overstuffed lizard
Wanted to conquer all.

However, the Alliance and Horde
Wanted none of his ways
We wanted to continue our senseless battles
Ah yes, such glory days!


So, as I looked into the night
Watching him fly so lazily
I wondered if I had time to pack
And move to Shattrath City!


Merry Cataclysm, EVERYONE!

No comments: