Friday, December 17, 2010

The Bear of Brideshead Revisited


I was introduced to the world of Evelyn Waugh through watching the 2008 movie Brideshead Revisited; I was completely swept away by the time period, the prep ivy league men of Oxford and British society as seen through the eyes of a young man in the 1920s. I loved the movie so much that I had to read the book (of which was much better!) and felt satisfied....until I learned of the 1981 mini series of the book starring such greats as Jeremy Irons, Sir Laurence Olivier, John Gielgud and many others. A couple of days ago, I found the entire series at a local bookstore and had to purchase it. So far, it reigns supreme over the movie, bearing a close second to the book (of course). So, it was with great mirth that I located an article regarding the fate of Lord Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear, Aloysius. Enjoy the link and happy reading!

No comments: