Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blast from the Past

So.


I received an e-mail from someone in my past this morning. This person was someone close to me, someone that I fell in love with last year. However, things did not go according to plan and I ended up single while he moved away. Funny that.

When I received the e-mail this morning, I first read it as an attempt to reconnect with me, a chance to possibly become friends again. I almost wanted it.

However, when it read it a second time, I felt the old wounds wanting to open once more, so I deleted the e-mail and went about my day.

Was I a bitch? Perhaps, but then again, you were not there for the over three hour talk we had in which I poured my soul into his lap, wanting him to take it forever and instead it was handed back to me, still wrapped in its package.

I have a rule: let the past stay in the past. If we continue to go back to our past wounds, they will never have a chance to heal.

I wish we could have remained friends, but my feelings would have risen to the surface again and soon, my new self awareness would have been exposed to defeat.

I loved him. He loved me but in a different way and all I can do now is go forward with my life, filled to the brim with good friends, a loving family, a wonderful boyfriend, and my writing.

There is a reason why it is called THE PAST.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: