Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bibliophile Dementia

So.

I just finished reading This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald - magnificent! If you have not read this book, what the hell is wrong with you?

OK, enough of that. We Bibliophiles tend to get a little . . . hot under the collar when we've just finished reading a book that we think the WORLD should read.
So, I am about to read a new book: The Floating Book by Michelle Lovric. It looks good and so why not?

However, I feel as though something is missing right now. True, I am in my somewhat quiet apartment (my cats love to meow at me when I am TRYING to be quiet) and I have a new book to read, but still, I feel as though something is lacking, something that needs to be here, right here, right now.


What is it?


I think I know and yet I really don't want to express my thoughts so plainly; it tends to cheapen them.

Earlier, I spent some time with a dear friend of mine and, as always, I learned something new about him and myself as well.
So, why is it that I want to cry right now, not out of sadness but out of happiness? Have I truly gone over the edge?

What am I feeling right now? Wish I knew.

Does anybody out there know what is going through my mind, because if so, can you PLEASE tell me?

No, I don't think I'm crazy (more so than usual). No, I am not sinking into a depression (I feel a sort of happy, remember?)

So, why do I want to cry right now?


I am missing . . .

No more to be said, dear readers. If you know me, you know how I would have ended that incomplete phrase. And to tell you the truth, you would be right.

Thanks for reading, as always.

No comments: